How do you make a 3-hour rated wood door?

Home Forums Show Me the Label! How do you make a 3-hour rated wood door?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Keith Pardoe 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Keith Pardoe

During one of my door safety inspections, I discovered this wood door. The image might be too small for you to read clearly, but suffice it to say that both labels identify this door as a 1-1/2 hour rated, 250 deg. temp. rise door. The blue label is the manufacturer’s label and the red label is the authorized-licensed shop’s label. [The name of the companies have  been removed—both are reputable companies.]

Do two 1-1/2 hour labels make this a 3 hour wood door? No, it doesn’t work that way. Most likely, the door was produced and labeled by the manufacturer, and it was subsequently modified in the authorized-licensed shop under the manufacturer’s label service procedures. The blue label should have been removed and replaced by the red label. Apparently, this one just got out the door (pun intended) with two labels.

It just goes to show you that you don’t know what you are going to see when you start looking closely at the details.

Join me on LinkedIn.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.